Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Unanswered prayers



I find unanswered prayers disheartening...I want to know WHY?  Why did God say no?  But if I am completely honest with myself, I guess it is none of my business.  Even my own unanswered prayers...if I am trusting God with my life, I have to trust Him with the unanswered desires as much as the fulfilled ones.  

I wonder if, when I get to heaven, the unanswered prayers will be explained or if I just won't care anymore?  Trying to let go of something you have prayed for with the perseverance of the persistent widow and faith to move mountains is a difficult task.  At what point do we not ask God for the impossible?  At what point do we accept that we should stop asking? 






"This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every



person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future 



that only He can see."



                                              ~Corrie Ten Boom, holocaust survivor

No comments:

Post a Comment