Friday, April 4, 2014

QTs: 7 big ideas that didn't change my life





"We only have today!"



Its a nice thought, but yikes!  I'd better be cognizant of tomorrow...it's not all about me, right now, right here.  And what a relief!  I am so glad to learn as I age that I am a work in progress: God is doing things in my life that will bear fruit YEARS down the road!  Whether in my life or another...it takes so much pressure off the now.



"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."



Sometimes, when suffering comes, it hurts.  And its supposed to hurt.  And you are supposed to feel it.  Because when God gives us our cross, it is for a reason.  And just because you trust Him, have the strength to carry it, and hope for the future DOES NOT mean it isn't heavy.  Or there won't be splinters.  Or times when you fall down.  Or need the help of someone else to carry it.  And somedays when you feel like you can't carry it...that's okay too.  Cause there will be those days.




"Nothing is impossible, if you truly want it."



Yes, some things are impossible.  Some things are improbable.  And some things are just difficult.  Its discerning that is the real challenge.  As the serenity prayer says, "Lord, help me to change the things I can, accept the things I can't, and the courage to know the difference."



"All you have to do to have a friend is to be a friend."




Well, I guess this is true sometimes...you must be a friend to have a friend but there will always be people who will not be your friend...no matter how much you are a friend to them.  And that's okay.  Because there are so many levels of friendship and it would just be awkward to be intimate friends with the whole world. 

   


"If you don't, someone else will."




I'm assuming this means I will miss out on something of ubra-importance...like food, career options, relationships, televisions in Walmart on Black Friday...you name it.  But the older I get and the more I learn to value those things in my life that I um...really want...well, if I don't take it, it is because I don't need it...so yah...they can have it.  Less is so often more.

   



"Grumpy people are mean."



Sometimes grumpy people are sad or sick or in pain.  Sometimes grumpy people are lonely.  Sometimes it is a learned behavior or a cultural norm.  And sometimes they are just grumpy, cause we all have those days...





"Live each day as though it were your last."



This is a nice thought when you want to tell those that mean the most to you how much you love them.  But it is always a good idea to get groceries for the week or pay your bills.  

Maybe for a Christian its different...because I am pretty sure that when I do go, I want to be living perfectly in the Father's will...so when I get past that last day it will be only to begin my first day...of forever.  And since I think that cooking dinner and mowing my lawn are all apart of what God is calling me to do...I guess that these are the kinds of things I'll be doing on my last day.


And now please see the 7 Quick Takes at Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment