Wednesday, April 16, 2014

You have everything you need RIGHT NOW


I feel like I've been struggling with being overly blessed lately...I sort of feel guilty for all the amazing and beautiful things that fill my life...especially when I read about Somalian refugees writing to Syrian refugees or school girls abducted in Nigeria.  Oddly enough I found it easier to draw near to God when I was in the midst of my own personal suffering...but now while I'm on a bit of a peak, I forget to turn to him and emotionally don't feel as close.  

This morning I read the lenten meditation sent out by Father Barron.  In it he said, "Life becomes a constant quest to get, to attain possessions. Remember the foolish rich man from Jesus' parable, the one who filled his barns with all his possessions. Because he had no more room, he decided to tear his barns down and build bigger ones. Jesus calls him a fool because--and I want you to repeat this to yourself as you read it--you have everything you need right now, right in front of you, to be happy."

It was like a lightbulb went on!  It is in this moment that God is meeting me, giving me exactly what I need and when I need it.  So if He sends me pain and suffering...so be it!  But I also need to trust Him when I find myself in these times of plenty!  I need to realize that God is with me, even when all seems to be going well and the whole walking on water seems to be a bit too easy.  Because God is carrying me as much now as when the waves surge and the winds buffet me.  True joy does not hinge on the good or bad events in my life but rather my soul's response to the grace He is giving me at this moment.



I'm leaving today for a beautiful and blessed pilgrimage to Poland to visit Blessed John Paul II sites as well as Saint Faustina, Our Lady of Czestohowa and Auschwitz before heading to Rome for the Canonization of Blessed John Paul II and Blessed John XXIII.  I am making a commitment to accept whatever Our Lord sends with gratitude and trust.  Please have a blessed and holy Triduum!  God's blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment