Friday, May 16, 2014

Social Media



Facebook is SO VERY ADDICTING for me...I can't imagine how twitter and all the rest of them would take over my life!  I find it so interesting that I can pop on at any moment of the day and interact with friends and family all over the world...and share with them some of my funniest or most special moments.  But there comes a time when it is just too much time and not enough quality.

And I must have a care not to use Facebook as my own personal little cheering squad...so tempting to keep posting wonderful or witty things just to have the positive feedback!  In my ever-lasting quest for humility (okay, maybe not forever, but at least for all of this life time), I find Facebook can sometimes be down right difficult!  And once I get caught up in me...well, I very quickly lose the love and interest I need to have in those around me.

So for all the blessings I have found through social media (i.e. Facebook since I am so limited), there is always the danger of falling into over-indulgence.  These snippets that attract and entertain...they are limited. As long as I recognize them as such and strive to moderate my time...then I can only be grateful for the instantaneous knowledge I have of a friend's new child or cousin's graduation.  But the moment this venue becomes a stage for me to proclaim to the world my greatness...well, my friends...I know I have a problem.


“True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of 



yourself less.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment