Saturday, May 24, 2014

Summer fresh

My plans for dinner included grilling chicken and cooking up some green beans with garlic...lo and behold I came home to find the beans were slimy!  Looking through my fridge I realized the only veggies I possessed were a cucumber, red pepper and onion!  So I headed out the door and drove a mile down the road to a farm stand where I found some fresh asparagus, yellow squash and zucchini ...YUM!  

After sautéing the garlic, I threw in the squash and zucchini and cooked it al dente on medium heat with just a little browning (is al dente only for pasta? oh well, there was still a little firmness to them).  The chicken grilled evenly with a little seasoning while the asparagus roasted in the oven with a little EVOO and salt.  A glass of red wine, out on the back porch with a slight breeze...well, dinner was delicious...and so easy!  I LOVE SUMMER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment