Friday, May 23, 2014

Whining whining whining

But not today.  Whining is so easy!  It's so easy to say, "Look at me!  This is hard!"  And to try to garner sympathy or empathy or some sort of interest from our neighbor...but not today!  For today I am going to count my blessings and, ahem, march on!



Training for a sprint triathlon.  Today I biked 12 miles, swam 600 meters and ran 2 miles.  If someone had told my out-of-shape, overweight self three years ago that I would be running, biking and swimming...well the nicest way to say it is, I wouldn't have believed it!  If someone had said, "You'll be married, overweight and have 2 kids," well that would probably have been a bit easier to imagine. But God doesn't seem to take me the way that I can picture: my future is nothing like I imagine just like my past has been nothing like I planned.  Why I am continuing a singles journey, surrounded by friends and family, is beyond me...but thankfully, not beyond God.  And in trust, I have to say that His way is much more exciting and much more beautiful.

"Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him." Ps 62:5

*PS Castle in picture is from Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment