Saturday, August 30, 2014

Altitude



I woke up early and ran this morning.  I have exactly one week until my next triathlon and I am not prepared.  I do have to say that after hiking in the high altitude of Peru I find it easier to run without breathing heavy and in a sense I think this may have increased my endurance.  My breathing, which normally just falls into its own pattern as I hit my groove, seems to be just a bit off...a little less deep and a little less rapid.  This in turn is throwing off my running cadence.  Its interesting to observe these little effects in my body.

I wish I could experience a little bit of spiritual altitude also!  It would make my day to day prayer life just a bit more doable...I think...well, maybe... only God really knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment