Friday, August 29, 2014

Traveling an addicutation



Traveling can be an education.  It can also be an addiction.  Today I bought my ticket to Nepal to hike the Annapurna Trek (NOT GOING TO MT EVEREST BASE CAMP!).  What in the world DRIVES me to keep going, keep seeing, keep WANDERING??  I can't answer that question.  Once again I am off...Peru barely broached and once again...where next?

I am blessed.  I know that.  I have visited enough hovels, shanty towns and favelas to know that.  Last night I saw a drug addict, just discharged from prison, come into my ED and be intubated, receive Narcan and be extubated immediately afterwards...how am I so blessed to not only have my faith but my health and a love of living???  So uniquely blessed and so unworthy.  God, you who know all...lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment