Thursday, October 16, 2014

LBD



I bought my first real "little black dress" today...at a consignment shop for 5 dollars.  I remember being a little kid and looking inside my mom's closet with awe at all her "work clothes" which I honestly don't remember seeing her ever wear (she stopped working when I was 3).  She would lecture me that every woman's wardrobe should contain a pair of grey and black slacks, a black skirt and a little black dress.  Because with these few items you could add to and create a complete wardrobe for any occasion.  

And now for the real confession: I've never worn a black dress and certainly never a "little black dress."  This one is by no means immodest, down to the knees and high enough up top to be fully covered...and I like it...but it is definitely on a different plane than all the other "church" dresses I own.  I'm not really sure why I bought it...or why I even tried it on.  It's the kind of thing I would want to wear if I went out for something special with someone special...but I don't have anywhere to go or anyone to go with right now.  Perhaps it will sit in my closet forever...who knows? Momentous...lol I know.  :o)  Okay back to serious blogging again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment