Thursday, December 18, 2014

My favorite time of year...



Sometimes when the Christmas season begins all I can remember is the rush, craziness and work that I have to put into it every year.  

Father Barron has been sending out daily meditations about preparing and waiting...but I think that this time of year flies by SO QUICKLY that the waiting is nonexistent and the PREPARATION is all-consuming!  Yet none of it is difficult and I don't want to stop or give anything up!  

I love decorating the house, sending and receiving Christmas cards, making cookies with the kids, having ornament and cookie swaps, going Christmas caroling, Christmas work parties, driving around looking at Christmas lights, listening to Christmas music, gathering and sending gifts to family members, going to Christmas shows and most especially CHRISTMAS itself with the Holy Mass and time spent with family.  

My job makes much of this possible so I am even grateful for it and my friends and family that consume my time ALSO FILL my life with LOVE.  God is very good.  I can't even begin to imagine how busy heaven must be...preparing...Immanuel, God is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment