Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Ready to start my own DIY show!

After today I think I am totally ready to start my own televised This Old House.  Last week the plumber made a huge hole in the wall to fix a leak and replace the faucet in the bathtub.  





This was great but he didn't put the wall back together.  That apparently is my job.  So yesterday I went to my friendly local ginormous corporate hardware store.  The first guy was very nice but had no clue what I needed to patch a man-made drywall hole.  So he directed me to another guy who assured me he knew how to do it but had trouble explaining it.  

The third guy who came over told me exactly what to do, showed me where to get the spackle, dry wall screws and joint tape.  He then tried to sell me a huge bucket of spackle and joint tape...because it was a better deal per ounce or pound or whatever they measure spackle in.  

After explaining that this is the ONLY project I ever plan to use spackle for he found a smaller tub for an appreciably lower price.




Today...

After pulling out my trusty pink hammer, electric screwdriver and some old wood from the basement I managed to come up with this:





I know its not perfect or even remotely well done but HEY!  I did it!  All I have left is to sand and paint...which I hope spurs me on to painting the myriad of other things that could use a coat in my house.

Did I mention how happy I am that this hole is in a closet?  I hope no one falls directly onto it.  Or ever looks at it. 

Praying God sends the perfect renters!

No comments:

Post a Comment