Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ladies Gun Day


Talking about guns and shooting is sort of hush-hush in my part of the world...and not because the people in my life don't own, shoot or carry pistol permits...it just isn't something you tend to bring up in casual conversation.  It's kinda like not talking about how much money you make or how much your house cost or your actual weight.  

So instead, I decided to throw it out there on the world wide web that I had THE BEST time this past weekend on Ladies Gun Day at a local shooting range!  From shooting a shotgun at skeet to black powder civil war rifles; crossbows and compound bows to high-powered military grade rifles; revolvers to semi-automatic pistols...I think I shot more guns in one day than I ever will, definitely more than if you tally the last 30+ years of my life and possibly if you add everything else from this day forward.  :o)

And I had SO MUCH FUN!  I was with 50 other ladies, talking and laughing as we hit target after target, smiling in delight that I was actually shooting with some sort of accuracy!  It was so exciting to see metal turkeys, pigs and pins fall over...to see clay pigeons break up in the air, and pull up a target and see a hole in the middle.

At one station I was consistently hitting the bottom left of the target, even though I was sighting the bulls eye.  The instructor asked me to aim for the top right and I landed right in the middle.  After I was done he took the gun, shot it himself, and then put the gun away.  Aiming dead center wasn't helpful at all with a sight that was off-target.

Ding ding ding!  Life-in-perspective moment...praying for God's sight as I focus on going on a year of mission.  That is one target I hope to hit...if God wills!  






No comments:

Post a Comment