Thursday, October 29, 2015

Babies


Ronan entered the world today.  It was a great day to be born!  Basically because waiting any more would have been extremely difficult to endure seeing as my sister went into labor almost 24 hours prior.  

He is so perfect and beautiful and a baby.  And perfect.  And beautiful.  And did I mention a baby?  Soft, new, precious...

On the flip side close friends of ours lost a baby...not in a typical way...but real and devastating just the same.  They had been chosen as the adoptive parents of a little girl and at the last moment (literally, mom gave birth that night) the birth mom called and reneged on the entire agreement.  A sad but beautiful explanation is here.  As my friend says so wisely, "The Lord hath giveth and the Lord hath taken away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord."

My goddaughter is standing beside me looking at this screen, holding her sippy cup and smiling.  God is so good to me.  

The birth was LONG...my sister went in yesterday morning at seven am and Ronan didn't make an appearance until 11:15 this morning!  Who knew the ninth child would make such a prolonged entrance?  Whoever said they come faster with each pregnancy did NOT know my sister.

I'm already in love with this little guy.  And I'm remembering the birth of the first, the second, the third...something from each one's entrance into the world.  It's amazing how special the birth of a child is...and so much more when he or she is wanted.  A co-worker made a joke about my sister having so many she should give this one away.  But you can't do that.  Not with kids.  Maybe with puppies...but as my sister said, she'd never have worked this hard to have a puppy.  

Loving life.  Loving God.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment