Monday, December 21, 2015

Making a big deal



Some things need to be a big deal: births, weddings, graduations, promotions, funerals.  And some things don't: like 95% of what is posted on Facebook.  

For me: it's a big deal how awesome, amazing and supportive all my friends, family and co-workers have been as I take off for a year!  I can't believe how blessed I am by having you all in my life!  

For example, one friend helped me rent my house out, another gave me a place to stay the few months before I leave (free of charge).  My mom took one of my dogs, my sister the other.  My other sister took all of my house plants and a friend is taking care of my car.  Friends and family helped me move out of my house and into storage.  People from church came and took away all my give aways.  My bro-in-law took on the job of being the property manager of my house while I'm gone.  Co-workers collected a sizable donation to the mission where I'll be working, gave me a monetary gift, and a beautiful cake (pictured above).  My bosses at this point have offered me a job when I return and kept me on the books per diem.  I've been treated out to breakfast, lunch or dinner almost every day this month, seeing people "for the last time" this year.  I'm overwhelmed!  And very grateful!!

God is so good!  He has brought so many beautiful, wonderful people into my life.  Who would have thought when we moved to Connecticut (almost twenty years ago now!) that this would be home?  After living in five other states...how glad I am that I settled here!  And how glad I am to have a home to come back to.  This coming year is going to fly by... I know we'll all change while I'm away but I also know that these God-given friendships will be here when I return.  

Thank you everyone for the support and love!  One more week before I leave for Mexico and then...Guatemala!

No comments:

Post a Comment