Monday, January 11, 2016

Street food



So the first thing I heard when I arrived in Guatemala from the other volunteers was, "DON'T EAT THE STREET FOOD."  And when I went into town with one of them, she told me, "DON'T EAT THE STREET FOOD."  And I remember being told by the infectious disease doctor before I left, "DON'T EAT THE STREET FOOD."

So what did I do the night before last?  I ate the street food!  All the new volunteers have arrived and as a group we walked down to Parramos and had dinner.  Off the street.  From a vendor.  Surrounded by dogs.  Sitting in the dark.  With picante sauce or mustard on the side.



We started orientation today!  I start my first day in the clinic this afternoon!  I am excited and also worried because I have a lot more learning to do before I hablar espanol!

The other volunteers are awesome.  They are from all over the world, and I mean all over the world.  Cuba, Columbia, Germany, Austria, Canada, New Zealand, France and Italy to name a few.  Going to be a crazy, awesome year.  I think.  :o)

Last night we played a game called Werewolf.  I was killed off in the first round.  Does not bode well.  Oh well, off to clinica!  Hasta luego!




No comments:

Post a Comment