Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Today's first reading... And rats

Beloved, let us love one another,
because love is of God;
everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God.
Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love.
In this way the love of God was revealed to us:
God sent his only-begotten Son into the world
so that we might have life through him.
In this is love:
not that we have loved God, but that he loved us
and sent his Son as expiation for our sins.


1 John 4:7-10






Survived my first bus ride into and out of town!! If you rode on one you would understand this is quite a feat. We sit six adults across old American school buses, squished one against another, and go around  turns like nobody's business. To get off you climb over people and speak to the guy who collects the fares. You never speak to the bus driver as far as I can see. The fare collector crawls over everyone once they have boarded and collects your three quetzales. How he knows who just got on is beyond me! This guy is also the one who jumps off at each stop and yells the destination over and over. Pretty sure I would never make it in his job.



School is great! I have a one on one teacher for the week. I'm so glad I came a week early...I learned so much in just one day! And the secretary used to work for NPH. And the courtyard where we study is just lovely!


On a reality check note  (just in case people think I'm having too much fun) I found a dead rat in the toilet this morning.  Lol the adventure continues!

2 comments:

  1. Boy, what an experience so far...and you've only been gone less than a week! The bus trip sounds epic. I don't think I'd even want to set foot on one of those rides. Lol
    A rat in the toilet; he was just giving you a welcome to Guatamala! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!!! You are right!! I'll try to look at it that way...Miss you and the kids!!

      Delete