Friday, March 18, 2016

Braids and breaks and graces for today

First off: the guy from the emergency is fine! Saw him a couple days ago and all is well.




Secondly, there are some seriously talented people here who can braid! This is just a small collection of my recent do's courtesy of one tia in my section. 



















Thirdly: I completed twenty four hours on my own, by myself, in the clinic... And I didn't die and none of the kids died and well that's about the size of it! I woke up at 3:30am, 4:30am and then finally at 5:30 am which is when I am supposed to wake up. Managed to give all the kids their meds (I think) and that includes the sixteen kids who randomly came down with colds and were started on cough medicine and Tylenol.... Meaning that many more kids to medicate! 





And fourthly: I'm on a two day break... Well kind of... Two days away from the clinic. Still have everything else and then some... But God is good and he's giving me the energy and graces to meet each day!  Sincerely hope that continues this coming week.  Semana Santa is when all the tios and tias take a break and we all work for them...while I continue my 24 hour rotating shift in the clinic.  They also added a day of work for the entire campus and we have our bi-yearly family and visitors day (obilgatorio).  Today I'm grumbling.  Sorry!  The idea of all this work is daunting...to say the least!  Okay, not going to worry about tomorrow with the graces of today.  Adios! 



1 comment:

  1. No doubt in my mind God has chosen you and everything will get done! Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete