Thursday, August 4, 2016

Putting on a show



Last Friday our kids in Montessori put on a theater production with each class performing a different skit, dance and even puppet show.  Some of the littles stood up and recited poetry (brave souls!) and one even sang.  It was adorable!  And the teachers put in a lot of hard work to make this happen!



Don't you just love the traditional dress???


I love how something is always happening here.  At first it was overwhelming because I felt like every time I turned around there was another activity.  I still value my alone time (which does happen) but I have finally adjusted to being with other people pretty much 24-7!



Tomorrow is the opening ceremony for the olympics.  A couple of us are going into Antigua after work to watch it on television.  It's funny but as little interest as I have in the presidential election (not sure if it's the candidates or just living so far away), I find myself wanting to at least take in a little bit of what is happening in Rio. 

I'm also shocked to realize that the Magnificent Seven competed twenty years ago!  And not to throw my age in my face but when we were talking about them my housemates were in awe that I not only was alive, but I remembered watching them!  Lol...I am so old!

I can't believe it is already August!  Only five more months left of my year.  Wow!


No comments:

Post a Comment