Monday, August 15, 2016

Walking on water, healing the sick

 "He went around doing good and healing all." Acts 10:38




I totally get why Jesus healed that guy's hand on the sabbath and put dirt on that other guy's eyes to heal his blindness and even why he healed all ten lepers even though only one came back.  It's because he loved them!

I watch my kids and I think, "If only I could straighten so and so's wrist" or "Give feeling and control to so and so's legs" or even "Cure the damage a drunken mother did to her unborn child's brain."

Don't get me wrong!  I absolutely LOVE my kids, just the way they are!  But I want them to be pain free, take away their seizures, their frustrations, their hardships.

I know that is how Jesus looks at us.  He wants to heal our brokenness, our infirmities, our deformities: both spiritual and physical.  Why?  Because he loves us!  And that love stretches into eternity.  He can't help all the good things he does for us!


"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me." Revelations 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment