Monday, December 5, 2016

As we approach Christmas!


December is just one fun month here at NPH!  Well, except the whole working thing but even that is more laid back and enjoyable than the rest of the year.  Friday was our employee Christmas party.  The house put on a lovely luncheon with raffle prizes and gifts.  They had musicians, singers, and live entertainment, including skit-like activities involving the audience.  They also recognized all the long term employees...some of my co-workers have worked here for over 15 years!


Just finished 36 hours in the clinic.  It's definitely gotten easier since I started...probably because I can understand at least 75% of the time, I know people's names and faces, and I've learned how to sleep in the clinic bed (have I told you that the bed is an old hospital bed with cranks at the end to make the head and foot go up and down?).  I also have mastered the art of going back to sleep after being woken up for whatever reason...I'm sure that's a life skill that will serve me somewhere down the line.




Going into Antigua tomorrow.  Time to start getting my Christmas presents together...also I want to make a Christmas craft with my kids involving their pictures...so I need to get those printed up.  Going to pedido for a pizza party this Friday.  I have Christmas movies in Spanish!  Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer is coming to NPH!

No comments:

Post a Comment