Thursday, December 1, 2016

Home stretch


Feels like we've moved into the homestretch.  All the kids who are leaving will be gone by the end of this week.  The visitors who come and entertain the remaining kids in December have started making appearances.  Today a group from la ciudad showed up, complete with santa hats and M&Ms, to play and give the kids treats.  Tomorrow is the Christmas get-together for all the employees.  They'll be leaving this weekend (the caregivers) while the volunteers cover their jobs in the houses.  I'm full-force onto 24 hour shifts (while still covering my other clinic work).  It really feels like we've passed the seventh inning now.


I am looking forward to going home.  I miss my family and, if I'm really honest, the freedom of planning my time...doing and going wherever I want, when I want (I'd be a major fail in the military).  But it is just as true to say I will be leaving a piece of my heart here in Guatemala and a rather large chunk at that.  I've fallen completely in love with the kids here.  And I'm going to miss them.





I have a plan to come back next year in November...try to combine a mission trip with a visit...but God's Will...who knows what will happen!  So on to the unexpected, grateful for the footprints behind me!







No comments:

Post a Comment