Tuesday, December 13, 2016

La Virgen de Guadalupe and getting our Christmas on at NPH


The festivities have begun!  Here at NPH and also in Antigua.  Yesterday for the celebration of Our Lady of Guadalupe I went into town and did some people watching before getting my first Guatemalan pedicure with a fellow volunteer for her birthday.  I am VERY glad I didn't know about this before because I'm pretty sure a nice chunk of my savings would be depleted right now!

So just a few pics from around NPH and Guate showing us getting our Christmas on!






Visitors, clowns and donations.




Shutting down the streets.



Stands set up for photo ops with Our Lady, complete with live animals!




There were quite a few Juan Diegos running around!





Not quite rivaling the Christmas Markets in Europe but definitely reminded me of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment