Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Back in the swing of things




So I definitely feel like I'm back in the swing of things.  I just worked three shifts in a row (12 hours each) and, well, that was so pre-guatemalan life that it was like I'd never left...except of course I had five patients that were Spanish-speaking and I could talk directly to them which was SO COOL!  


It wasn't easy!  Two of them were Puerto Ricans and spoke very quickly but then a couple from the Dominican Republic showed up and that was like a different language all together!  I remember one of the doctors from NPH that came to our conference last year from the DR spoke like that...it just sounds very different and I, for one, have trouble understanding!  The family from Mexico was much easier to understand and the mom and kid from Peru were the easiest of all!


I'm headed to Cuba in less than a month.  I've been told their Spanish is SUPER difficult so that will be interesting!  I'm adjusting but I have the travel bug just as much, if not more, than before I left.  I am so grateful to have a family that understands, a job that is flexible, friends who want to go places and a passport!  God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment