Monday, March 13, 2017

Snowstorms and not yet half done



Well they are calling for at least 12 inches of snow tomorrow and the greatest doomsayers are bandying around 3 feet.  I don't think my plane is going to get off to Cuba Wednesday morning as planned but time will tell.  Crazy New England weather, that's for sure!

I've been doing a spiritual and physical health and wellness program called Nineveh 90.  It started almost a month ago and goes on for 90 days.  You commit to daily exercise, moderating electronics (like TV, computer, phone), not eating sweets, morning/night prayers and fasting on Wednesday/Friday in an act of penance/preparation for the 100th anniversary of Fatima.  In the beginning weeks it went by quickly but now with still two more months to go: this is taking forever!  Sunday is a day of relaxed discipline but instead of just relaxing: I ate oatmeal cookies for breakfast and ice cream for dinner.  Yes I went a little crazy.  But there's a reason why this plan is doable: it's just a healthy way of life!  If I lived this way 90 percent of the time...well I'd be doing pretty good!



I just finished a book a friend gifted me called the Happiness of Pursuit.  It was good.  It was about finding a quest, fulfilling a quest, and what to do afterwards.  The author traveled to every country in the world.  I spent a year working with kids in Guatemala.  Although I don't know if the author would consider my year in CA a quest, I identified with a lot of his qualifiers (a quest takes sacrifice, a strong desire, and causes the people around you to wonder what in the world you are doing).  It also helped to read about when you're done...where do I go from here?  I'm afraid of cramming my life so full again of busy-ness that I lose the big picture: what's really important to me (which basically revolves around my friends, family and God).  I think I'm going to start scheduling down time...days that I don't have planned and make myself slow down.  Is that pathetic?  Oh well.  :o)


I feel like something is coming for me to do but right now I don't have a clue what that is.  I have my own dreams and desires but the best things in my life ALWAYS come from God (and yes, usually coincide).  So I guess I'm back in a holding pattern to see where He takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment